Winter and Summer Leagues
- A representative of the SBNA will be responsible for opening and closing the facilities.
- Stewards are on duty all evening
- Two members of your team must be on duty at all times
- When more than one division are playing on the same evening you are stewarding for all divisions
Duties of Clubroom Stewards
6.45pm- Arrive. Time the early games using the clock situated in the Clubroom. Ring a warning bell 2 minutes before games are due to start. Between quarters ring a warning bell 30 seconds before the start of the next quarter. A klaxon should be sounded for play to commence and finish. All timings are on the notice board inside the clubroom. Run the refreshment bar for the first half of the evening. Remain in the building until relieved by the early court stewards. If in any doubt consult your divisional secretary.
8.25pm- Become court stewards for the late games. When games are finished, make sure the courts are cleared and all posts are returned to the changing rooms. Lost property collected should be handed to the SBNA representative on the evening.
Duties of Court Stewards
6.45pm- Act as court stewards by making sure the courts are ready for play. Ensure that rule 7 is applied where necessary.
Rule 7Teams and umpires not on court and ready for the start of play at the stipulated time shall lose one goal immediately and one goal every two minutes up to 10 minutes, at which time the game shall be void resulting in 31 goals and 3 points to the non offending team.
8.25pm- Become clubroom stewards. Please take over quickly so that the early clubroom stewards can get on to court for their game. Time the late games using the clock situated in the clubroom. Run the refreshment bar for the second half of the evening. Take stock of all the remaining drinks and other refreshments. Sort out the result slips by divisions. Enter the scores on both the results forms situated by the bell and place the slips in the relevant pockets on the wall. Make sure all the posts are stacked in an orderly manner in the changing rooms. Hand cash takings to the SBNA representative by 10.15pm. If in doubt consult your divisional secretary.
A bell is to be used for the two minute and thirty second warnings before games and at intervals.
A klaxon is to be used for the start and finish of the play.
- If a team is obliged to cancel a game they must phone the opponents, their divisional secretary and their umpire in good time before the match is due to start. If 5 players are available the game must not be cancelled.
- If the game you are due to play is cancelled or your team finds in necessary to cancel a game and you are listed as stewarding it is essential that you still fulfil the stewarding duties.
Any team not fulfilling their stewarding duties well is deducted three points at the end of the season.
As at August 2005